Group and Community Benefits Program
The Coastal Bend Blood Center issues every blood donor a credit after each successful blood donation. These credits may be redeemed by patients for a limited financial reimbursement to help cover blood service fees. Reimbursement will be sent directly to the patient rather than to the hospital or specialty treatment facility where the transfusion(s) took place.
BENEFIT PROGRAM DETAILS
- Donors who give at their place of employment, place of worship, school or other organization may allocate their donation to that specific Group’s Benefit Program. Donors not wishing to allocate their donation to a specific group may add credits to the Community Benefit Program.
- Under the Group Benefit Program, the group’s blood drive chairperson (individual that coordinates blood drives for the organization) is responsible for authorizing the number of credits to be issued per patient from the Group’s Benefit Program via the Benefits Program Claim Form.
- All blood donation credits expire one year from the date of donation.
- Reimbursement is strictly limited to blood product fees which are NOT covered by insurance or another third party payer (not administration or cross-matching charges.)
- The reimbursement value of each blood donation credit is $15.00 per blood product transfusion, up to a maximum of $1,000.00 per patient per calendar year.
- The patient (or patient’s family) receiving the credit(s) is responsible for submitting a Benefits Program Claim Form and required documentation of charges to the Coastal Bend Blood Center for reimbursement of blood fees.
Patients or patients’ families are responsible for obtaining and presenting the Benefits Program Claim Form. This form may be downloaded and printed by clicking here.
The following documents are required to submit a Claim:
- Group and Community Benefits Program Claim Form
- Detailed hospital bill showing itemized blood fees and dates of service
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from all insurance or third-party payers
Select one method below to send the completed packed to the Coastal Bend Blood Center
Fax: (361) 855-3945, ATTN: Erin Survant
Mail: Coastal Bend Blood Center
ATTN: Erin Survant
209 N. Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78406
Scan and email: